Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Special Olympics

I'm sure many of you have heard about Special Olympics and know a little about the activities. My class participates in volleyball, basketball and track/field trips and it's a blast! The big news is this:  One of the kids in my class was selected from all the gold medal track and field winners from this past May to travel, all expenses paid, to China in October, 2007!!  Yes, you read it right! And yes, it's China, the country (just in case there is any question about it!)  The kid hasn't decided if he will go as of yet. We'll find out next week!

I'll keep you guys posted!!    

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting.  That's going to be an adventure of a lifetime.

Abe

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful honor, whether he goes of not.

Anonymous said...

What an honor and an extraordinary opportunity. "Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt." As you can guess, if I can quote the Athlete's Oath, I’ve been involved for years. Special Olympics is a wonderful organization ANYONE can volunteer to be part of. YOU get back more than you can ever give.
Patrick

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie... it's been awhile for me to leave a comment... wow, that's great for your student. Can you go with him? How's classes going this year? bea