Sunday, August 13, 2006

Just another entry

I got a phone call this morning from my neighbor. Her husband died early, early Thursday morning. He had been very ill for some time and just a few weeks ago found out he had cancer. There is not a good thing to say to the surviving family and believe me, I've heard some doozies!  But, I'll save those for another journal entry.

Anyway, his memorial service was this afternoon. It was nice.  Short and sweet. And the plus to going is the church didn't cave when I walked inside.  Actually, I think it's a miracle any day I can make it home without many bumps or bruises. I'm not sure why, but I seem to be a walking magnet for accidents and such. I think the days I arrive home unscathed is because of the Wonder Woman bracelets I wear. BTW, they are invisible to those with only human abilities. I often misplace them because of that fact. 

Back to the orginal subject... Gonna miss you Bob! You were one of the good guys! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the neighbor... churches don't usually cave in when someone walks in! I need a set of bracelets like that! bea

Anonymous said...

How sad to lose a friend.
I didn't know you considered yourself a walking invitation to accidents. You cope well.... maybe you're used to them. Anyway, they make good fodder for Journal entries.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you lost a friend -- but so glad you have great memories to carry with you during life.  Don't know how religious you are, but I believe we never quite leave the people we meet in our journeys here.

The Wonder Woman bracelets look hot on you!

Abe