Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Question for the Readers

Rarely do I watch Oprah for any number of reasons, but today the moon and stars must have been lined up in just the correct "Watch Oprah" order. That brings me to my question.

A woman named Elizabeth Gilbert was on the show today. She wrote a book by the name of "Eat, Pray, Love".  My question is, has anyone read it? and if you have, another question is, what is your opinion?   

There were so many women and even a man or two that seemed to 'testify' that this book has changed their life for the better. I have to say, I don't feel that I am missing very much and when I begin to feel that way, I think I have a few ideas about how to 'fix' things. However, I say that but also know if there is something out there that is eye-opening and wonderful, I don't want to miss an all new fix in a book!

  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

as of this day, I have yet to find an all new fix.   There is nothing new under the sun....so the Bible says.    But who knows?  It might be an encouraging book, and we could all use a little encouragement now and then.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I haven't read the book. Helen

Anonymous said...

I call them all DrPhil BS  $29.95 Capitalist 3week fixes :-0. I'm a capitalist, but if I could really transform your whole life I would do it free. Lots of times you find out these kind of things last 3 months to 6 months at best & then people need to work on things for themselves. I also hear that many people with books & ideas like this have families in shambles. Obviously, they couldn't heal their own. ~Mary