Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

Here it is, Christmas Eve. This is the day kids all over wait for all year long. What will Santa leave this year?? Or does he only remember the trouble caused the last time visitors were at the house??  It is so difficult being good, isn't it? I still have that problem at 48 years old...... 

The first annual Christmas cook-off went off without much of a hitch. Daddy's girlfriend couldn't come and he was disappointed about that. They have plans for Christmas Day and he's looking forward to that. However, he did mention other night that Mom would be gone 9 months on Christmas Day. I know, I said. We both sat there and  tried not to bawl like big ole babies.  (You must read that with a southern accent. I'll wait while you go back and read it again.)

Oh yeah, back to the Christmas dinner. Sister came  over from Atlanta and Daddy came over from Huntsville. I even decorated this year. It's the first time in absolutely years I have pulled out ornaments and stuff. However, I did buy a purple tree (complete with lights) after the holiday season last year ($1.60 after all the markdowns) and looked forward to seeing it lit up. Nice. I put out the snowman collection and added a couple of new pieces. One was from an aide in my room, the other, an Auburn Tiger football with a snowman head that blinks. I sent one to my secret Santa ornament person. And speaking of the secret Santa exchange, I got 3 snowflake tealights and an apple spoonrest. My 'Santa' is from New York. So beautiful! I put tealights right in them and put them on the coffee table.

I'm headed over to Bo's house after awhile to spend the night and then, we are headed over to his parents house for Christmas breakfast. We had planned on driving down to Orange Beach for a few days, but it didn't work out this year. After breakfast, I'm headed up to McMinnville to see cousin for a couple of days. We are going to have the traditional Christmas dinner at the Chinese restaurant. (actually, it's the only restaurant open tomorrow night!) Does make you think of the 'Christmas Story' movie, doesn't it??!!???

I hope you all have a warm and snuggly Christmas!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Christmas story!  LOL   Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas.  May 2008 bring all good things
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Christmas Day ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

A Chinese restaurant for Christmas dinner ! I guess that beats my brother's plan for this evening, "me and the 'ole lady are ordering pizza". Ah, Southern traditions, ya gotta love 'em.

Have a Merry Christmas, my sweet !

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Your welcome!!

Nancy in New York

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I read it right the first time, so I didn't have to go repeat  lol    Sounds like Christmas was peaceful for your family.   That's very good.
~Meg