Thursday, December 13, 2007

And the high today was...

this morning. The temps have been dropping all day and now, here in my dot on the map it's 55 with the temps still dropping. They are also predicting we might get some snow this Saturday night. Where else in the world would it be 77 one day and a few days later, get snow??  It's weird. I like it colder this time of year. It's wacky weather!

Dad is on his way out to get me for dinner since his girlfriend is sick tonight. It's always good to see him, but he sounded kinda down. He is doing his best to keep going. It must be really hard for him during this time of the year. 

School is almost over for the first semester. It has flown by!! We must be having to much fun for it to be passing this quickly. Perhaps, I need to re-analyze everything? Perhaps, it's best this way....

With time passing quickly, it is bringing the holidays closer and closer. Next weekend, Dad, maybe his girlfriend, Sister and maybe a couple of other people will be here for the 1st Annual Jackie's Christmas Dinner Cookoff. Check with me on Sunday to see who has checked into the hospital. Will be mighty interesting! Let me know if you want to take a chance.... 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are having dinner with Dad, & just the 2 of you. It's sleeting crazy here, but then we didn't have 70s weather recently.
The Jackie Cookoff is an excellent idea. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with your 1st Annual Jackie's Christmas Dinner!  
I'm sure everyone will survive, and if they DO have to take a trip to
the hospital, hey, it will just make for great family Christmas stories for years to come!

Anonymous said...

I like the Christmas cook-off plan. I recall years ago, I was partying later than I normally go and when I arrived at my girlfriends house for Christmas dinner, my goose was cooked <groan>. Besito !

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Wished I lived closer I would stop by to check out the 1st Annual Family Christmas Dinner. Wacky weather your having. It's in the lower 20's here in NY with plenty of snow still left on the ground. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, lol. Hope the cook-off was a major success! Everyone survive?

Anonymous said...


I wanted to be sure and get by here to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New  Year. All the best to you and yours, my friend. Love ya

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hello and thanks so much for visiting my journal....one can never have enough journal friends....lol.  I have added you to my alerts.  Hope to hear from you again soon.  If I dont get around again before the holiday have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Take care,  Liz