Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Questions

 As you know, I started talking about temperature, thermometers and such yesterday.  I forgot to tell you about the interesting conversation I had with one of my students. After talking about how a thermometer works and telling the class to put their finger on the bulb of their student thermometer this is what happened:

Me: Is the red moving up?  Isn't that cool??

Class:  YES!!  (actually, it was more like 'yeah' but since I'm writing this I thought I'd add a little more enthusiasm.)

Student:  Ms. Jackie, I have a question.

Me: (All excited because this kid has been into this new subject and he always asks great questions!!) Yes, What's your question?

Student:  Why is this thermometer made in China?



So much for class!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beacause, Kid, with the industrial age becoming the thing of the past, we've become the informational age nation and out sourced all our manufacturing to China. They can make it cheaper and ship it to us, and make a profit and a U>S> manufacturer can't make it cheaper because of minimum wage, health benefits, social security, union pressure, high rent, excise taxes, etc etc  LOL