Sunday, November 13, 2005

Love, Peace and Happiness

 There is a little coffee shop I enjoy visiting sometimes.  The overall mood of the shop rather hints at heath food and old hippie stuff.  A friend decided to visit and then reported she could see me in there, being rather 'a hippie type of hang out place.'  Then THAT foot in the mouth look came over her and she began this sudden fury of apologies.  Not to worry, I assured her.  Although to young to be a true 'old hippie,' I do have those eclectic tastes (with the exception of the health food, needless to say!). I still have an original peace sign leather hair holder and will wear upon occasion that my hair is long enough to use, I still use the peace symbol sign (and mean it as 'peace' knowing our world will never see utopia as it was meant to be enjoyed...), and upon occasion when nothing else fits, a groovy might be heard to come out to fall upon the ears of those people nearby. 
     So, you are asking yourselves, what are the differences?  I do now realize rules and organizations have to be implemented in order for changes to occur, men in ties can be hot,  and over forty is not so bad after all. 

Peace, Love and Happiness, my friends!! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't worn a tie since I can remember, and I am forty over forty, and one. I was hot at forty. (I wore a tie to GRANDSON'S wedding, for the ceremony anyway.) I was no hippie and I don't know a peace sign from a V for Victory (1944). Does your coffee shop have a big lighted juke box?