Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sleepless in Bama

Well.... I've been awake about an hour... maybe more. Certainly not less. I have a rule... don't turn on the tv, go to the computer, turn on lights to read until it's been at least an hour. FYI, I'm not sick, worried or even stressed (at least, yet....).

But, since I'm up.....

 What is it about all the paid programming in the middle of the night on cable? Do they not already charge you enough money? They have to have paid sponsors, too?? Geez. If I had a job where I came home around midnight or later and wanted to watch a little tv, I would not be impressed.

What is it with the 'security code' things where you have the scrambled-ish letters? Can't everyone see one? And if you can't see it clearly enough, there is a button to click to generate another one. If you are already there and have put in an account number or password, why do you have to put in another that is viewable? If someone has your account number, goes to the same site, types it the info, will they not see a security code thingy? Am I missing something? Yeah, sometimes I screw it up just because my mind is busy asking these same questions..... 

Will our world be so different in 2000 years there will be archeologists running around trying to piece together our holiday decorations in order to figure out why and how we used them? Wonder what they will think of the lawn art that must be blown up? Or curling irons, books, or baskets? Will they think decorative items are 'idols' we worshipped? 

Well.... on that note.... I'm going to give sleeping another try. Happy Hump Day!

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been awake since 1:30 myself. I often wonder about the security code thingy myself. Anyone can read and enter it in. So what is the point in having one ??? Back off to bed myself. Helen

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can form a poker group. I've been up twice since "going to bed". I, too, resisted the urge to go online, but after surfing the TV two or three times, I figured I'd "kick it up a notch" and go for the "net".

Watching television in the AM in the year 2000 is tantamount to watching the test pattern of the 50's.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I think the security code is to stop computer generated programs from hacking into things.  
I hate those nights when sleep just is not to be found.   But of course, let it be 5:30, then I can sleep like a baby.  Grrrrr  
In 2000 years, hopefully people will be more enlighted, even to the point of knowing we didn't come from apes.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

funny, isn't it, where the mind takes you late at night.  i've often wondered about the paid programming myself - after charging so much to watch reruns, why would the cable company need more money?  and what will someone who unearths my vase of ink pen roses in 2000 years think..?

i enjoyed this entry.

Anonymous said...

hope you got some sleep:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I rarely sleep a full night...If I went in the directions your thoughts are going, I'd never be able to close my brain down long enough to sleep ever....Hope you managed to get back to sleep hon. (Hugs) Indigo