Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Mother Nature was pissed this morning!

Mother Nature is NOT happy and letting everyone know it!

Around 4:00 am, I was blasted awake by the sound of a huge roar that sent my house shaking enough to almost roll me out of bed. And that ain't easy! Turns out, we had tornados.... big ones.... at least they were powerful in the county just west of me. Not a good thing.....  from what I have heard, people were killed, homes destroyed and alot of property damage.

Tornado season doesn't really start until April. Just kind of fits with all the other weird weather we've had in the past year or so!

School was delayed until 10:00 this morning. Didn't matter to me.... after all, I was up and already showered and dressed when I found out. Cable was knocked out, too so it took awhile to find out via radio. Actually, cable is still out.

I hope all my Alabama readers are ok... just leave a comment for me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are ok in this area. It went south for us although there were sirens and warnings several times and we could hear the thunder. Glad that you are ok. Helen

Anonymous said...

I wondered about all of you as I heard the news.. glad you're safe
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

I saw that front passing over Alabama and Tennessee. It looked like a bear ! Glad you're ok !

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

so glad you are ok:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that just devastation?    My heart just aches for all the loss of lives and homes.     I was really blessed, we only had storms and hardly any damage.   Glad to hear you are ok.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Glad your ok hon and you weren't in the path of the Tornadoes! (Hugs) Indigo