Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Price of Gas in Saudi

I e-mailed a friend that had to go over to Saudi to work for a few months. I gave a little of the 'local' news such as, the new Walgreens opened and I stopped by, it was still sunny at 5:30 in the afternoon and I went to school Monday morning around 7:30 with the gas price down at the 4-way being $2.79. I went to lunch at 11:30 and the price had shot up to $2.91. This afternoon, it had gone up to $2.99/gallon.

The response e-mail was this: In Saudi, it's 85 cents a gallon.  


Tags: , , , , ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

85 cents a gallon...omigosh.  how many years ago was that, here?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but you lose the savings in the drive over there.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Yeah!   Something just ain't right about this.....when I went out for lunch today, it had risen to 3.01.   By the time I got off work it was 3.09.  
~Meg

Anonymous said...

LOL to Jimmy's comment...
89 cents..wouldn't that be nice...
oh well, 89 cents a gallon of gas in US is history. I remember when it was $0.74 cents!
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL to Jimmy's comment...
89 cents..wouldn't that be nice...
oh well, 89 cents a gallon of gas in US is history. I remember when it was $0.74 cents!
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

More proof something fishy is going on.....(Hugs) Indigo