Friday, November 23, 2007

The Day After...

I went to Cousin's house for Thanksgiving and I'm still here. There were a bunch of cousins that came over, plus Sister and her hubby up from Atlanta, and Daddy came up as well. It was a day that was filled with love, fun and fantastic food! I really have to say, there were a couple of times I expected to turn around and see my Mom.

I've not written much about missing Mom, but I sure have these last eight months. More than I ever knew I would. I've also learned a lot about what made her tick. A lot more. Missing pieces and the answers of so many questions I never knew I had have been answered. I only wonder how many more answers I'll find without knowing the questions. It is like getting to know the real inner person she would not (or could not?) share with me. Same with my Dad. Except Dad as a different type of adult.

Deep subject.  Life is different.

I'm headed home tomorrow and expect to get back in time to watch that ol Bama favorite, the Iron Bowl. Yep, Meg knows what I'm talking about. The football game that most Alabama natives watch, even if they don't watch another game of the year. Auburn, Alabama.   Vote in my poll.

Have a good Saturday, everyone. Let me know if you need any ideas about my Christmas gift you'll be shopping for sometime the next few weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the holidays offer us a mixed bag...on one hand, we so miss those who have left us, but on the other hand, they stir up so many good memories that we might otherwise not think about. I guess that's why there's such a word as melancholy.

I'll work on your gift :)

Anonymous said...

It makes me happy that you had a nice Thanksgiving. Emotions at this time of year run the gauntlet of memories, both good and bad, that we all have in common. I always think of my Mom and Dad, especially today and although there's a vacant spot in my life, I know that they went through the same emotions during their time and we have to do the same. Take a deep breath and smile, my love, life is but a dream.

Remembering that Daddy's from Tuscaloosa and Uncle's from Birmingham, choosing between Auburn and Bama is like choosing between ice cream and ice cream...it's a matter of taste.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

((((Jackie)))))   It sounds as if your Thanksgiving was peaceful.   I know you missed your mom, but I'm glad your family was together and that you had fun.   I also know your mom was there in spirit, right in your hearts.   This is such a sweet entry.
~Meg
PS:  Rolllllll Tide Baybeeeee!!   You know I voted for 'Bama  Heheh