Thursday, November 8, 2007

Blue Bags and Full Speed Ahead!

I can not imagine what the world is coming to when I can find about 40 different styles of pink camouflage purses, but yet, nary a nice navy leather purse. Cousin seems to be finding the same problem with navy shoes. It seems unreal considering the use of blue jeans has not declined. Looking at the time of this post, you might think I am loosing sleep over it, but I'm not. Nor am I in extreme need of a new purse.

Remember the post about my former student that went to China for the International Special Olympics? He is back (ok, he's been back... I've just not posted!!) He did VERY well in his races in the track & field bringing home 2 silver and 1 bronze!! He entered three races and won a metal in all three! WTG, Cody!! He stopped by school this week and told us about some of the things he saw. I asked him if he wanted to go back to China to visit. He answered with a quick, "NO!" but added he was glad he had the chance to go.  We are so very proud of him at school! He certainly is a different person than he was 4 years ago when I first met him.

Thanks to all that have clicked on the link to my previous link. Last night the reality of breast cancer came rushing to me unexpectedly. Sister's sister-in-law had to have a mastectomy yesterday. I certainly hope she fully recovers and soon. She is only in her very early 40's and her husband have 3 young children.

This morning's news includes more recalls for toys made in China containing lead as well as a warning about Aqua-Dots that chemically changes into that of a similar to a date rape drug. Makes you want to go hhhhhmmmmm....  Seems to becoming a pattern.... Those homemade rag dolls are beginning to look pretty good, aren't they?

We have Veteran's Day coming up. No matter how you have ever felt about any of the wars going on now or in the past, we need to send the love and thanks to those who put their lives on the line (or died in the line) of duty.  (((((HUG A VET)))))   I plan on doing it in person this weekend. My dad was inthe Korean 'conflict', one of my friend's dad was in WWII (and has a purple heart!) and Chuck who does 'Dribble' journal, And Mary's father (Just Mary). Cousin's hubby is Viet Nam vet, as well as many of you, including The Dog, and JimS (Jimmy's Journal). Jimmy's nephew was killed in action in the ever current Iraq war. I am sure I have missed someone I read, but the brain isn't working that well yet.

Well, time to hit the showers and get to school. It is "Girl's Day" as the boys are going to an away volleyball game this morning. Sexist, you might say. No. The girls don't care anything about playing and we do 'girl' stuff while the guys are gone. Fun stuff. Did I ever post the picture of me after receiving a facial and make-up job from one of my girls? NO? And I won't!! LOL  Have a great Thursday!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny...I've been on searches for a nice blue/navy bag as well.  VERY hard to come by for some odd reason.  I did get a great one though, from my SIL.
Happy Pre Vets Day...

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news on Cody. I tend to stick to leather bags. Then I don't necessarily have to worry about color. Not to mention I usually have these big ass huge montrosities that carry every thing in but the kitchen sink. Now that I think of it, it tend to look like I'm carrying a leather knap sack. I'm not what you would call a girly girl, so pink would never ever be a choice. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

You know, I've been having the same problem? Go figure.... I glad you mentioned  Veterans day. It's truly a day of remembrance. My, nephew Jonathon was not KIA, but it doesn't make his loss any easier. Thanks for mentioning him.

Good to see you post again. What possesed you to hit the web, again? Stop by, I'll make you a bloody mary.

Jimmy
http://journals.aol.com/jimsulliv3/jimmys-journal/

Anonymous said...

    Thanks for the Veteran's Day rememberence. My nephew is currently in Iraq with the Marines.
    Super congradulations on Cody's competition in China!
    However, as for purses ... if I was shopping for a "man purse" pink camouflage might be quite dashing. <grin>
Patrick
http://journals.aol.com/daddyleer/CaregivinglyYours/

Anonymous said...

Wow....it looks all Auburn-y in here!     Just in case...here's a big Rolll Tide!!!   Heheh
My Dad is a vet, and I'll hug him...actually, my sister and brother are also vets, but I probably won't see them.   Don't want your purse in camouflage, eh?   Just go get the whole camo outfit!   It is Veteran's Day coming up, after all!  
Very good post here.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

congrats to cory:) have a great weekend

Deb