Thursday, August 23, 2007

It figures...

I should have known today was gonna go downhill when I posted the previous entry.It started the down spiral at 8:00 and ended when the door closed on the last kid there. What caused it?  School pictures! No kiddin'.They wanted our class down there ASAP. Their breakfast was delayed, their routine screwed up. Sometimes, you can yank it all back into a 'normal' day after lunch (which occurs at 10:30 am....  ), but that didn't happen either.

FYI, today is the anniversary of the first picture of the Earth taken by the Lunar Orbiter 1in 1966. As I reminded one online journaler friend, I was just a mere child in that year  .  However, growing up in the "Rocket City" these types of rememberances hit home. If I've never mentioned it, the Space&Rocket Center is a awe-inspiring trip. I drive by it when I go to my Dad's house. There is always a thrill of  seeing the Saturn 5 standing there as I pass by. Just a note here, I did get to see Miss Baker - , one of the first astronauts for the US. She passed away in 1984 and is buried there at the Space & Rocket Center. If you're ever this way, make sure you stop by there take the tour! Let me know if you're in the area!  

Have a great Friday!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

some days are just like that LOL

Deb

Anonymous said...

hi Jackie :)  I am also a special ed teacher, and know those days well! I was reading some of your arcived posts, and look forward to reading more and getting to know you.
~Cathy

Anonymous said...

The significance of 'routine' and patterns really is misunderstood or never quite grasped by outsiders looking in to a special needs environment. ... Jinxing oneself is probably easier to grasp for anyone. <grin>
Caregivingly Yours, Patrick

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late getting here, but you know me. Since I know you already read my Thursday post, suffice to say we both spoke about the Eagle, but mine had to pull out of a nose dive before landing.

I remember picture day as a kid. I was one of the kids who watched the little girl in front of me order ten 8X10's, five 5X7's and enough of the small pictures to pass out to the entire student body. Of course, I ordered the "economy pack", which was one 5X7 crayola drawing of me by the photographer and ten little pictures.

Jimmy
http://journals.aol.com/jimsulliv3/jimmys-journal/

Anonymous said...

Some days when it feels like it's all going downhill, we just have to jump on the cardboard slide and go with the flow (winks). Thanks for the Info. on the space station. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

School pix already?    I guess sometimes any break in routine messes up the whole day, huh?
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Picture day is a pain, but what fun it is to have those little pics.