Sunday, August 19, 2007

Convertibles, phones and other issues!

We had a cold front come through. Theweatherchannel site says it is 96. That's about 9 or so degrees cooler than the hottest day we have had in the past two weeks. Plus, we just had a summer shower. Summer showers are the best!

I bought a new toy this week. I call it my new convertible, but it is actually, a riding lawn mower. Sure beats push mowing, especially in the heat and with my issues that I still am enduring. It took me all of about 45 minutes to mow and I cut more than just my yard. It's just perfect!! Now, all I need is a 4-wheeler!!

My friend, Bo, came out to visit me today. He also brought me a gift. He said when he saw the phone, he didn't hesitate. He knew I would love it!! He also said the guy standing next to him said it looked like someone was talking into a cat's ass.  However, I have never seen a blue cat or their ass. The phone even lights up when it rings!!

Bo asked me if I would really use it. Of course, I said with conviction. And I will. Isn't it just pretty?  It looks like something one of the Disney princesses would use, doesn't it?  I didn't realize he thought of me as being this foo-foo....

Today's calendar events include, National Aviation Day, Bill Clinton's birthday (he's 61, if you were wondering), Orville Wright (he's 136, if you were wondering) and of course, Potato Day.  I have not yet decided how to celebrate Potato Day. However, I did see a fireworks stand a little earlier today.  Hhhmmmm..... I think this requires a little pondering... 

Perhaps, the video is all that is needed!

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad of the small drop in the temp. I used to love using the riding mower before my back condition got so bad. Cute phone. What a neat way to skin a potato. Helen

Anonymous said...

Love your ride on mower and that phone is just so cute ~ Never heard of Potato day but enjoyed the video that was very neat ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Wow!  That was pretty cool the way they took that peel right off that potato!  I will have to try that sometime.  

I love that phone!  And, yes it is very foo foo!  But, who cares, right??  We can do foo foo! hee

Nice lawn mower, especially in this heat!

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

Learn something new each day. Nice ride by the way, makes light work of a rather hot predictament. As for the phone.....what can I say I'm definitely not a foo-foo woman. Give me skinned rawhide and I would be delighted. I like to still make medicine bags and what not. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

I like your new ride ! Fancy ! Possum S. Hemmingway saw your new phone and asked me if he could proposition it. I said I'd ask. I think the fireworks stand provides the best avenue for the celebration of potato day. I think the Asian girls should try the fireworks too, it's faster.

Jimmy
http://journals.aol.com/jimsulliv3/jimmys-journal/

Anonymous said...

Cool new mo-sheen you got there!   I'd like one, but about the only exercise I get is mowing grass....and not much of that going on with this drought.
Cool 'tater video.   I might actually try that one day....nah!    I'll just get Ole Boy to peel 'em.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Why peel your potatoes?  The peeling is the best part.  Buttered,  it tastes like chicken.
All through the inland nation I see guys get out their mowers weekly and topless, mow the lawn.  Glad the firls are getting the notion, too.