Monday, April 16, 2007

Mule Day

Mule Day is a celebration of mules and their 4-legged comrades and has been held in Columbia, TN, usually in April, every year for the past 200 years. Owners of mules and horses preen their steeds for the Saturday parade. Of course, there are booths set up where you can buy the local fare if desired. There is, of course, a Queen with her court. My parents are orginally from TN, and in fact, have a couple of relatives that have paraded through the streets.  It's just a fun thing to do.....

If you want more information, here is the link to the official site. There are pictures and all kinds of other things. Enjoy!

Mule Day 2007 || April 12th - April 15th in Columbia, TN

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool song.. and I love the video.  I do believe I saw that movie, but don't remember the name of it.

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

I just loved that video ~ "Mule day" Saturday Parade that I would really love to see ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the video - sounds like a funtime at Mule Day

Anonymous said...

Great video......! Thanks for the mule day info, it's better than visiting my ex-wife.

Jimmy
http://journals.aol.com/jimsulliv3/jimmys-journal/

Anonymous said...

I loved the movie in your clip , I believe the name of it was "Spirit". Thanks for filling me in on Mule Day, sounds like a fun day to be had. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the enlightenment on Mule Day. I'm obviously going to have to go one day just to learn the difference between a mule, a donkey, and a horse. <grin>
Patrick    

Anonymous said...

We had intended to go to mule day, but it was raining so hard we figured it couldnt' be worth it.    I went last year and did an entry on it....
http://journals.aol.com/inquestoftruth/InQuestOf/entries/2006/04/02/in-quest-of-mule-day/1177
~Meg