Saturday, April 14, 2007

It's the Weekend!

I had planned on going up to Columbia, TN for Mule Day, but it rained all night and day. I decided it would be a great day to roll back over and sleep until I was ready to get up. 

I met Dad for dinner tonight. It was good to see him again. He is still tying up a few of the loose ends left by my mom's passing. He has done well. Not that he doesn't miss her, but he is finding ways of handling 'things'....  As for me, I'm doing ok. I have my 'moments,' of course, but who wouldn't? I will say, I didn't realize how much I would miss her.  In the days prior to her death she kept asking me if I had any questions for her and I couldn't think of really anything. Now? I have hundreds! Figures... 

We are down to the last 5 weeks of school. I can't believe how quickly this school year has passed! The good news is, I received my secondary certification last week,just in time for the May 1 deadline.... so my job should be rather secure. Of course, nothing is ever guaranteed.... but I do feel like I'm a 'keeper' now.

Weekends are the wonderful, aren't they? To do things around the house, see friends and family, relax, watch a movie now and then....  Back to the fun!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ole Boy and I were headed up to Columbia today, too, then to Nashville tonight.    But of course, it was raining so hard I just went back to bed.    We went last year.... was fun enough for me to do it again, I suppose.    Glad to hear you are hanging in there, and that your dad is doing well.     I think it would be tough coming up with questions under those circumstances...
~Meg

Anonymous said...

I hate it when I miss mule day.  If I were stubborn as a mule, I would go in SPITE of the weather.Well, it was good you got together with Dad.  And you got your secondary credential

I enjoy Saturdays too.  I take my extra snooze after lunch, though.  It was rainy Saturday here too.  I got out between showers to look at our rose garden.

Anonymous said...

I think the thing that most stands out to me here, is that you are staying in touch with your Dad, maintaining that connection.

Hope the weather clears up!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are staying in touch with your Dad. Sounds as if he is doing well. I know you can hardly wait for school to be out where hopefully you will enjoy the summer just loafering around. Helen

Anonymous said...

Mule Day? OK, obviously I've led a sheltered life, what is Mule day?
Patrick    

Anonymous said...

I really don't know what Mule Day is and my Dad's from Alabama. Even if I did, the trip's too long to go and come back. So, I just went  over to my ex-wife's and that sufficed. Have a nice day.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Like everyone else, I have no idea what Mule Day is........I'm happy your still able to stay connected with your dad, through your mom's passing. In the years to come you will both be able to share your joint memories of a wonderful person. Perhaps your dad might know the answers to some of those questions you wanted to ask your mom.......(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I am a Bama girl too!  So sorry for your loss.  I lost my Dad to a massive heart attack in May of '91 and I still miss him.

Hugs and prayers,

Susanhttp://journals.aol.com/Rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle/

P.S.  Helen (madcobug) sent me!~