Friday, January 19, 2007

Jokes

As many of you know, I teach kids who are challenged in many ways. Some of them just hate reading or they can't, but you have to keep trying. So I have to come up with something worth their time and effort, yet short enough they don't loose interest.  The answer? Jokes.  I will write a joke on the board before the kids get to school and they will attempt to read them. The jokes I use have a few sight words, a few new words and are basically, easy to 'get'....... 

As you can imagine, it's hard to find jokes that 'fit' into our range. The word has gotten out among the adults around the school and every once in a while, someone will send one or two my way.  Here are a couple I have received.  They are clean enough to for the kids and (hopefully) gross enough to make some of them go, "YUCK", and if you've ever hung around kids, you know that's the most important... the yuckier it is, the better the joke! <grin>  Here we go:

# 1: How do you make a tissue dance?

Put a little boogy in it!

 

#2: What do you call a bear with no teeth?

A gummy bear!

 

And here is one my favorite You Tubes! I just roll with laughter every time I see it!

 

Pass them on if you need an ice breaker! 

P.S. Mid-40's and sun today!  YIPPEE

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at that video sitting here by myself. LOL. Helen

Anonymous said...

cUTE VIDEO...Will work on jokes.  What about "Waiter, there's a fly in my soup" jokes.

A man in a restaurant calls the waiter.  He says, "there's a fly in my soup."  So the waiter drops in a spider to catch the fly.

A man in a restaurant calls the waiter. He says, "There's a fly in my soup.
The waiter says, "That's funny.  He usually likes the stew better."

Anonymous said...

LOL, gotta love it

Jimmy