Sunday, September 17, 2006

Lazy Weekend...

Lazy Weekend... magnify

Hello to all my friends and loved ones.... Or those of you who have not realized you love me...

I'm home... As many of you know, I 'house-sat' for my friend Andy while he went to N.C. to get married (I know, friends don't let friends get married! Image). It was a great weekend of catching up with my friend Bo, who lives about 1/2 block from Andy. I didn't even know Andy had moved in the neighborhood until about a year ago when Bo and I just happened to drive down his street and there was Mike (not my dog, Mike, but friend Mike) standing on the sidewalk smoking a cig (nasty habit...).  Mike and I have known each other for about 22 or 23 years now. We worked together when we were in our wee 20's together.  He was the one that introduced Andy and me, (as well as a bunch of other folk), but I've seen Mike and Andy on and off during the past 20-something years.  And that's the story of Andy, Mike (the friend, not the dog) and Me... Nothing more, nothing less....

Back to Bo... He came down Friday and Saturday night to 'hot tub' with me....  We talked about his recent marriage (only six weeks ago... what is it with all these people I know getting married?? Image)  He said he's glad he is married and if he is, that's cool. All I ever wanted is his happiness.

Mike (the dog, not the friend) went with me. Andy has long-haired inside cat named Raven (don't know why because she is shades of brown) and Raven would sit next to sliding glass doors and taunt Mike and Igloo (really named Shiloh).  I think Mike grew to hate her.  Or perhaps, he thought she was a squirrel.  I heard him growl at her several times... Good thing there was glass between them... Anyway, check out the picture of them...

That was my weekend...  What did you guys do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I may choose to live vicariously through you. <grin> I’m dizzy just trying to keep track of who’s who. … Out of curiosity, why does a cat’s name have to match a cat’s appearance? Does Mike the dog look like Mike? ... Reads like you had a fun weekend!
Patrick