Monday, June 5, 2006

Politics, 2006

 

Tomorrow is the day to vote around here.  I have been bombarded with telephone calls all day with pre-recorded messages and television commercials to vote for "____________" (doesn't matter, you can fill in the blank).  The funny thing is, I have decided who to vote for long before now for the most part.  The sad part is how I have had to do it.  Vote for Moore for governor?  No, I feel he thinks he is above the law because he disobeyed a Supreme Court order a few years ago.  Why would I want him to be the leader of my state?  Basically, it's a check-list and whoever has the fewest negative check marks is my vote.  Why do I think it's sad?  Because I want it to be the BEST person for the job!!  Go figure. 

And now, a message for the phone people:  Don't call me.  It's a negative check-mark beside your name.

                                                                    

 

P.S. Let's not forget about our troops overseas, on the US  borders, and all over the states that are putting their lives on the line.  They should be a consideration as we take it to the polls. 

No comments: