Monday, June 19, 2006

I'm a MOM!!!!!

Yes, I'm a mom... ok.... owner of a dog, we're still bonding....  And you are asking, how did this happen??

I went to Guntersville this morning to visit a friend.  When I got there, I noticed a new dog among all the other ones he and his wife have collected over the last few years.  They have a wide variety of dogs and cats for that matter.... When I got out of the car, this little dog was right there waiting for me to scratch behind his ears and give a pet...  My friend told me they have had him about 3 weeks now and probably a 'drop-off'... you know... the kind of thing that happens out in the country a lot of times.

When we got back from having lunch, I step out of the car and here is this little guy...waiting for me it seemed...  I pet him, love on him and say, 'I'd take you home with me!!' and my friend said, 'PLEASE DO!!' 

I brought him home and found out he needs a little work in the house-breaking dept. and put him out in the back yard... A perfect place since it's huge AND fenced in!!  I did have a little scare when I opened the gate to feed him and he ran out.  I'm thinking, oh great....  and sit on the sofa to check out the mail and see the little guy running up the drive!

I think  his name is Mike.  What do you think?  He looks like border collie mix and is on the smaller side of border collie.... 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news.  What fun it is going to be, learning about one another. Mike will learn about you quickly, that's his nature. And you will bond with him quickly too. That's your nature too.
How the little guys win our hearts so fast is amazing.
Yay, Jackie and Mike
 My Griff was a big dog.  He went everywhere with me.  We had many a Whopper together.  He preferred Whoppers to Big Macs.
  On our cross country trip he got queasy and would only eat Whoppers.  I had to search each town when we stopped for the night to find Burger King.  
  dogs take on personalities of their owners.... Mike is lucky he has you.
Griff's Daddy

Anonymous said...

As you know we have a house full of animals and each one has a different personality.  Enjoy your new addition to your family, he will bring you much joy.

Anonymous said...

Winder says  ..... does he know how to slooooop you up?

Anonymous said...

He doesn't have the experience that Winder has!!  But, he's learning....