Friday, June 16, 2006

Summer Update

As was reminded by Chuck's Dribble from his entry yesterday ( It Ain't Just Me -- It's All o' Us) , we all are getting rather slack in making entries.  I know I have.  I've thought about writing and have even started a few times.  But what to write about?  Is my life that boring?  Dang, I guess it is....  but if you don't enjoy it, just blame it on Chuck!!    

I am recovering my surgery that occurred just over two weeks ago.  Was not emergency, but something that needed to be corrected my health, attitude and self-esteem.  I am doing well from it with very little soreness left at this time. I began driving only a week ago but have not really cared about going/driving anywhere.  I'm just happy to have the time for recovery.....

The class I am taking is online, thank goodness.  I only say that because of my surgery. This online-class stuff seems to be the trend of many colleges and it really isn't my favorite way to take a class.  There seems to be a lot missing for the same amount of outrageous fees.  There is no class interaction, a lack of true instruction by the professor and the ability to sit on the back row while drawing fabulous art work and puffy-letters to color in during that instruction while rolling your eyes at the little dumba** twenty year old girls that have the perfect nails/teeth/clothes/figures that mom and dad can buy, but they are lacking in the attic dept of life.  Yeah, yeah I know...  give 'em time....  Ok...  time's up. 

During this break between school years and the online class, I have had more time for watching wonderful and delightful television shows such as COPS, Living Single, The Biography Channel, the History Channel and Hallmark channel.  Sometimes, I even fit the news in, but dang, it's so depressing!!  People get killed either in the war or here by others that don't care about humanity.  They need to remember the #1 rule in my classroom:  Keep your hands to yourself.   And don't forget about the other #1 rule:  Mind your own business.  One of my favorite #1 rules concerns the answer to the question, 'Why did you do that?'.  Most of the kids will answer, 'I don't know.'  Guess what?  That answer does not fly with me.  Take a minute, think about what you did and give me an answer even if it's the wrong one!  I can live with that.....  Maybe W needs to fly me up to D.C. so he and his staff can take a few notes.....

One of the things I did learn from watching COPS and Remo, a cop (his journal is private, and that's to bad because he is an excellent blogger), is that if someone is huffing spray paint, gold is the preferred color.  I could how they think it's attractive by the gold metallic residue on the guy's beard. At least he was calm.  Wonder how many cans of paint he had to huff before he got where he couldn't even remember his own telephone number?   Sad isn't it......  Self induced retardation...what a bummer....

And on that note, until later my friends..... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back in action.  I made three entries today...thought that was pretty good. Have taken only one course online, and that was not very effective.  Seems like reading a book would have been just as good. Have taken one correspondence course too... writing children's lit Not bad, you wrote assignement and sent it in  and got personal critique. However, never finished the course...never sold any of my writing.  Ah,well.