Friday, June 23, 2006

What was I thinking?

As most of you know, I live in a small rural area here in Alabama.... AKA, the country!  I grew up in one of the larger cities here in Alabama and over the past 7 or 8 years migrated farther away from city life. 

Today, on a invitation from my friend Bo (who is working summer school 1/2 days in June in a different school system than the one I work in), I went over to 'check out the kids'.  Some I've worked with before and other are new.  The visit was great!  Getting there and back home was the problem...  I can't believe the traffic in such a small area!!  Stop, ease up, stop....turn, slow down, stop, go, turn, stop...  and then, just a plain ole 'STOP' for the train while it sits there blocking six lanes of traffic  .... Good grief!!  It's not like this is Atlanta or something!!   

Yes, it was lunch time, yes it was Friday, yes, what was I thinking????    

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol  Next urban plague for rural Alabama..... SMOG.

Anonymous said...

I live in Chicago, and I can say amen to all of this!  After a day of commuting like you describe, suddenly on-line classes don't seem so bad, do they?

Hope you are feeling better after surgery, and that Mike is helping speed your recovery.

Abe Munder, the Wheeled Wonder