Saturday, February 25, 2006

  Hi guys... I'm just taking a break from being domesticated, i.e., housework.  I need a wife.  I hate doing some of this stuff, such as, cleaning out the fridge.  It reminded me of a guy I worked with at one time that declared by the time he had kids he hoped there would be a business that would come in and change the 'poopy' diapers and especially the really bad ones.  He went on to describe the 'clean-up crew'.  They would be wearing items very similar to those guys in "Ghostbusters".  I was wishing the same thing this morning.  You know it's bad when you are standing there wondering if it would ever be possible for the bowl to ever be clean enough to use again or should you just avoid the whole nuclear reaction...explosion animation and dump the bowl with the contents... whatever it was..... Well, everything is soaking in hot, soapy water.... Guess I'll take a chance. 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually love to do housework,  silly I am sure.  The fridge is an awful job but what I try to do is just look into it every week before the biology starts to begin.  If it is leftover and the partner has not eaten it in 3 days, it is gone.  Then when I throw it away I am asked where it went since I am not a leftover eater.  Most cleaning services do do fridges but at times they are to bad to have someone else do them, well at least mine is.  I feel your pain and I would be your wife for the day if I lived closer and I do everything but laundry.

Anonymous said...

It's a cathartic process, I think - a little of everything for us in a busy day and a life where too frequently we get burdened down by weighty issues.

A little mundane is good for the soul, I think :)

Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Anonymous said...

My daughter was in a I don wanna mood today.  I had to challenge her.  I asked her to think of the most opposite task she could, to the one she was supposed to do.  What is most opposite to cleaning the baked on crud out of the bowls?  LOL I guess if you figure that out, you can figure it was easier to clean them.  Is this a help.... well, no.