Saturday, February 18, 2006

The trouble with weather forecasting is that it's right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it.
Patrick Young

Last weekend, we had snow.  This weekend it's supposed to be ice.  And I have some.  A friend who is out driving just phoned and said he sees sleet, as well as cars drving south on hwy 65 with snow and ice on them.  My question is, why are you out driving on the hwy? His reply, taxes.  Figures.  Was it worth the drive, I asked.  He told me the amount he's getting back.  Yes.  It was worth it. 

Now, I can hear the sleet pinging on the windows on the back side of the house. The tips of the tree limbs are collecting bits of ice and the motor inside the heating unit is working overtime.  My plan for the weekend?  Clean out one of the back bedrooms and make it 'user friendly'.  That will be a first since I've moved here.  Now, on with the show!!   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping that you are able to get through the storm well!

Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Anonymous said...

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.