Wednesday, December 28, 2005

New Animals of the South

Yes folks, these animals are found in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains,  actually, about 5 miles or so from where I live. Actually, this guy isn't the only camel in our area.  I know of one more about 5 miles in the other direction.  If you look at the red barn in the background, you will see a zebra.  Also, there is a llama but no pictures of him.  He (or she...) didn't come out until I was pulling away. 

I just think it's fascinating that somewhere, beneath the shadows of mountains live animals that normally live on other continents.

Prints_-_Deertn_.jpg 2.0KPrints_-_Deertn_.jpg 2.0KPrints_-_Deertn_.jpg 2.0KPrints_-_Deertn_.jpg 2.0KPrints_-_Deertn_.jpg 2.0K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing... I was driving to school one day. I live in the country, sort of outskirts of country, but down the road I saw a strange animal. It seemed to be toeing the center line of the road... as I got closer I realized it was an emu! Since then I have noticed a llama farm on the same road. It is a real treat to see them greeting the sunrise in the springtime. No zebras or camels spotted in Graham, NC yet! Enjoy your day in school today.. I'm going in Monday to prepare.