Friday, July 29, 2005

Mail.... Snail, thank you!

I made the usual trip to the mailbox few minutes ago.  Opening the box in anticipation I always try to guess what it will be.  I always put the mail in catagories: Good mail, junk mail, and bills.  I'm sure you may do the same thing.  Each day, I play a game in my head.  What will it be today?  Today was a GOOD MAIL day!  I got 2 pieces of mail.  That's all!  No junk mail, no bills!!  One was pay-stub (YIIPPPEEEE!  I can pay the bills!!) and the next one was the best piece of mail!  It must have a different catagory.  I think I will call it 'Supreme' Mail. 

You are now asking yourself, what exactly makes this mail supreme?  I'll tell you!  It is from a pen-pal.  A friend that lives thousands of miles away from me.  This person cares enough to write about life, feelings, needs and then put it in an envelope and then, a few days later, I get it!

Today, I read my pen-pal's letter while outside.  I couldn't wait! I read it once, by the street.  Another time, about half-way up the drive, and the last time, leaning against the car.  I became so relaxed from the writings of my friend, I began to notice the musical sounds of nature all around me... the crickets, the birds.  It gives a new meaning to the words 'snail mail.'  Slow, yes... but well worth the wait! 

No comments: