Sunday, July 24, 2005

Humity, hair and Mobile

Last Monday I drove to Mobile for a conference.  Mobile is located only a mere 339 miles from my house.  Yes, count them.  I did, twice.

Mobile absorbs the most common north/south highway in this part of the country, Hwy. 65.  I'm not really sure where it begins, but it is around Chicago somewhere.  Alabama is home to about 352 miles of this highway. 

The south side of Mobile is set on Mobile Bay.  Not really the gulf as many people think.  It has been there for many years and has buildings that have survived hurricanes, tropical storms and humidity for a couple hundred years. 

Note referring to the survival of humidity:  Yes, Mobile has survived.  My hair did not.  I started off the week thinking it would be better than I ever imagined.  I finished the week by looking as if I had stuck my finger in an electrical socket!  NO KIDDING! 

Let's talk hair for a few minutes.  Mine.  It has grown down just past my shoulders.  Now, close your eyes and imagine it going everywhere it wants to go!  This is where people with limp, straight hair have an advantage.  Mine isn't limp, or straight.  It has curl and body and does whatever it wants to do!  I will admit this: While I was there, I had thoughts of finding a barber and having my head shaved.  No, really......   But, I didn't and now, I'm glad.  This is an issue men don't usually go through and now we know why.  They use barbers! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this was an entry begging for a picture.  Of you with hair going every which way but no lady is going to do that, show her bad hair days.