Monday, August 1, 2005

School, Offical and Unoffical....

This is August 1st.  School begins in 10 days.  Where did the summer go??  It seems that it was yesterday that I thought, wow, 10 weeks!!  Now, it's YIKES, 10 days! 

When I began elementary school, we started Tuesday, the day after Labor Day.  We had cool mornings, warm days, and you could almost smell the leaves begin their process of changing hues.  It marked a change, both in our daily activities and the time of the year.  They went together, hand-in-hand,  as if they were a young couple in love. 

I think, for me, that school will not officially begin until that day after Labor Day.  Oh yes, in ten days I will teach and the kids will moan at their assignments and parents with cheer with exhaustion.....  But, on Tuesday after Labor Day?  In my heart, that will be the first day of school! 

No comments: