Sunday, August 28, 2005

My Dear, Wonderful Friend!!

 Have you ever gone for days without speaking to one of your favorite people?  I just have. 

Thursday: first class for the semester and it started at 5:00 that evening... drove my 36 miles over... I did speak to that person on the phone for about 10 minutes... YIPPEE!! 

Friday:  No friend waiting online that morning.  Sent e-mail.  I went to work, got home around 4:00.  No friend waiting, but did have e-mail.... Responded to that.  Waited, waited, waited.... have to go.... Went to football game in another county.  Got home.  E-mail, no friend.  Waited... no show..... went to bed.....

Saturday morning:  Slept until around 8:00.  E-mail waiting, but no friend.... responded to e-mail.  Showered, dressed, went into work, went to give blood, shopped,

Saturday afternoon: came home, had e-mails... responded to those.  Waited, no friend.  Phone rings, it is one of my lonely kids in the class... "What cha doing?".....  Took nap, woke late....

Saturday night:  had response to e-mails., but still no friend.... 

Sunday morning:  woke early!!  signed on, response to my e-mail, but no friend....  Sent e-mail, you will see me online, wait for me!!  I will be around and will respond as soon as I see you!!  I walked down to mailbox, got Sunday paper, read it, read ads, checked, still no friend.... I was so sleepy!!  I laid down and woke later and guess what??  There was my friend!!  HOw exciting!  How wonderful!!  We both spoke of how enduring it was to have the e-mails, but there is NOTHING like the real thing, the real person, the banter back and forth!! 

It is to my dear, wonderful friend who lives thousands of miles away, I say 'Thank you!'..... Thank you for being a part of my life, even with this distance!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had a bad week.  So did your friend.  Glad you got together.