Sunday, July 20, 2008

Summer Time

This summer is sliding by faster than me on a pair of roller skates. I have about two weeks left before I actually have to report for duty. I'll play this week, and make a few appearances next week, and work the next (... no comment... <grin>).

This year, the powers-that-be decided to add an additional class to ours. Our class will have approximately 31 kids. Then, the same powers-that-be moved one of my aides. Should be interesting, to say the least.

Since this is my last 'play' week, I decided to make another trip up to see Cousin and her hubby. Besides, Charter is not providing the services I need in order to make entries, write e-mails or even IM with anyone. Other day, the second tech came to the house. I was just thrilled because, for once, the service wasn't working when someone was there. I go running out to meet him and in a rather frantic mode tell him to hurry up while it's not working. He just grins and says, 'Are you afraid it'll start before I get in there?'  LOL... yeah, as a matter of fact.... <grin>

The phone & internet service only works at certain times. My friend Bo told me I lived to far out and I needed to get a pole like they had on 'Green Acres' because that was going to be the only way I was going to be able to talk to anyone. He is about right because I had no service up until the time I left to come to Cousin's. However, the tech with the cute answer (see previous paragraph) gave me his supervisor's name and cell number. He only asked me to wait until Tuesday before I phone. I have a feeling I will be phoning as soon as I walk into the house. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, in addition to having very little phone service, I rarely get a cell phone to work there. Bo just sighs... and tells me to get a pole. Again. <grin>

Here's to the last of the summer fun. Hopefully, we'll all have a little enjoyment!  

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alas, summer is indeed coming to an end. That's ok, Sweets, on to fall !

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

We are still waiting on Summer here ~ all we have had are a few off days of sunshine ~ Glad that Tech got there while your service wasn't working ~ I think I would definitely get a "pole" if it makes the service better :o) ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

you go back in 2 weeks?  OUCH!!!  Here they don't go back until after Labor Day...
good luck with the service... or should I say 'pole'?  
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Yes, it has been a short summer. My daughter has been working on her classroom for the last two weeks. With a bad back and having problems getting used to inserts in her shows for falling arches it has been rough on her. They have this week and next week off then preplanning starts. Enjoy the rest of your time off. Get that outside pole up soon LOL. Helen

Anonymous said...

I hope your services are all working now.  That was like trying to get a mechanic to hear the noise your car's making -- only it never makes that noise when someone else is listening.  31 kids is a very large class.  I think most schools are cutting aides and consolidating classes trying to save money.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie - Jennifer from Patrick's journal - Just wanted to thank you for the kind thoughts; any and all good wishes are certainly appreciated!  Hope that the short rest of your well deserved summer break is great - as you might guess, those who've chosen to teach in your particular field have a special place in my heart!  Always enjoy reading your comments - that you need stamina and compassion when heading down this path is a given, but that sense of humor is really the saving grace!  Bedtime here, so back to the trenches!

Anonymous said...

"Bo KNOWS!" ... I cannot even remember how many years I have been trying to work that into a conversation. <grin>

Hey! If memory serves me correct wasn't that other "Bo" a War Eagle?

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick
http://journals.aol.com/daddyleer/CaregivinglyYours/

http://lairofcachalot.blogspot.com/