Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Friend, Chuck

I was going to write this to my friend Mary, but I thought I'd just share with everyone.

My friend, Chuck, from Dribble is dying of cancer. I chatted with his daughter, Kate, earlier this evening. He is now bedridden and going in/out a lot. I've been crying since she told me.

I will miss him and his stories about all sorts of things from his printer that has a mind of it's own, his family, his experiences in the 'old-folk's home' and so many other varied subjects. He is also the one who urged me to begin writing when I was just a 'lurker' amongst all the journals. He is also a past special ed teacher. He advised me in difficult situations and made me laugh.

Thanks for everything, Chuck!!  I'll miss you!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh   I just looked at his journal a few days ago...was the first or second time I'd visited there, I think.    This is very sad indeed.    I'm so sorry for your pain.   Take comfort in knowing he'll be in such a better place soon.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

I read his journal from time to time... This is very sad indeed.    I'm sorry for your pain.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

so sad i will miss him

Deb

Anonymous said...

I never got a chance to know Chuck, but i have heard some pretty amazing and loving things about him. I'm sorry for your loss my dear friend, he sounds like a great guy. (Hugs)Indigo