Sunday, September 16, 2007

The weekend has come and gone with the wind!

Sister came in from Atlanta Saturday morning. We went to Hartselle for 'Depot Days' for a day out. There were lots of venders, tractor and car shows. Saturday night, Sis, Dad and I went to 'Night of Bands' where the county bands come out to our school to show what they can do. Sister loves it because she was in the band in high school as well as her husband.... in fact, they met in band.  She understands all the hard work that goes into all the shows.

                                                      I'm so glad they are that talented, but then, so am I... I can play the radio and stereo as well as anyone and better than some!    

The last band to perform was UNA Pride of Dixie band. What a terrific sound they have!! If you have never heard a college band, you should give it a try.

We didn't do a lot today. She watched some of her 'Soaps' 

() while I got stuff ready for school this week. She left just after we had dinner.... It was a good visit!

OJ's back into the news. Surprised? No, me either. I'm rather interested in reading the book he wrote that was given to the Goldman family. I have wondered about his kids by Nicole and hope they are doing well. I hope their lives have not been as screwed up as I think they probably are. Sometimes, adults do some really dumb things that make kids lives miserable. Perhaps those adults checked their brain at the door.....

I found this YouTube entry of UNA's band from last year. I was going to post it as you normally would with a YouTube entry, but embedding has been disabled. Hopefully you can get to it through this: YouTube - '06 UNA Pride of Dixie Marching Band Part 1   Just a note, they sound much better in person!!

Toodles to all!!

 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I love going to those country fares where they have Tractors ~ Dog shows and all other kind of things ~ it makes for a lovely day out ~ nice that you can play the Radio and stereo as good if not better than most :o) ~ I'm not too bad at playing them either LOL ~ hope you are having a good week ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweets - O.J.'s in jail and all is good !  It would be difficult for O.J. to check his brain at the door because in his case, it's anatomically impossible.

I'm going to check out the UNA Pride of Dixie. Are embeds no longer available for You Tube or is it a glitch? Today's Hank Williams birthday.

Jimm
http://journals.aol.com/jimsulliv3/jimmys-journal/