Saturday, July 21, 2007

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

I just got home a little earlier. I know many of you were surprised to hear about the surgery. So was I. Here's how it went...

Monday morning, doctor appt with surgeon. On the way, I bargained with myself. If he still thinks I need surgery, I'll do it if he can do it this week. Otherwise, no way.

SSSSoooo....There was no real improvement since last visit. (Actually, I had a couple of set-backs, but he didn't know that). He said the decision was up to me. So, I asked the deciding factor question. When can you do it if I say yes? His answer?  In the morning. (This is where my eyes are popping out of my head and mouth is dropping to the floor..) Some how, I manage to say that would be fine. And it starts. Medical mall, for blood work, ekg, etc.... pick up MRI films, home to pack stuff and then over to my dad's house for the night.  Surgery @ 7:30 AM and home just after 5:00 PM. Walking and everything.

Amazing isn't it??

Thanks for all the sweet thoughts and prayers.... I do appreciate it!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are doing ok. Sorry, since I have been laid up with this back I have not been reading journals very much. Helen

Anonymous said...

That's terrific that it went so well and in the time-span that you wanted. Feel better and keep us posted with the progress!

Anonymous said...

Didn't even have time to dread that!!   Glad all is going well.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home.  Bummer...one week of summer left and you get to spend it recuperating... at least you'll start back to work with lessened back misery,... if that is a comfort.
 Oh, how glad I am to be retired.

Anonymous said...

Let me begin by congratulating myself on three contiguous (that means connected and/or following) comments. I, along with the previous fans, am very happy at your speedy recovery. BTW, you've still got time for the Pogo badges (there's three personals also this week). I apologize for getting you hooked on Pogo, but then again, it could have been oxycotin (sp?).

Since you began with the ending, I'll give you the beginning. "To market, to market..... "! Besito !

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Glad you got your surgery done so quickly ~ and glad that everything is going well for you ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Welcome home dear heart or should I say back, seeing as that was the fastest in and out surgery I've ever heard about. (Hugs) Indigo