Monday, June 11, 2007

As a single woman, I don't go grocery shopping very often. I might hit a store here or there a couple times a month. Sometimes, I buy lots of food or other stuff I need and then, other times, I just pass it up.

Today, I stopped by the Wal-Mart and was just shocked by the increase of prices since my last visit! Over $2 for half-gallon of milk that I rarely use up completely? Heck, soda is cheaper than that!

We all know it's the gas prices that are pushing up the price of everything else. We need a solution. I don't know what it is, except, I'm trying to do my part in making fewer trips, and all the other things one does. I don't buy Chevron, BP, or Exxon, but sometimes Shell (because it's convenient at times). 

I am at a loss as to a reasonable solution other than what I am already doing. If you have a suggestion, please leave it. I, as an unhappy consumer will be willing to make a few changes. 

And no, I won't buy and milk my own cow (although, I know how to do it and have!).... 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The answer is quite simple ! Put Beano in your gas tank and give an enema to Congress. I would suggest a lobotomy for Congress but, that's a prerequisite for the position.

Another alternative would be to utilize Al Sharpton, Debra Opri, Larry "da judge" Seidlin, Simon Cowell, Gloria Allread, Howard K. Stern, Howard Stern (redundant) and Rosie O'Donnell, by funneling emmissions from the orifices of these "Gas Bags".

BTW.. Tanks for stopping by! Did 'ya see the pic of Key West?

Jimmy
http://journals.aol.com/jimsulliv3/jimmys-journal/

Anonymous said...

I'm so lazy, I buy most all my gas at the gas station formerly known as Spur...because they pump if for me.    (can't remember what they are now, but I dang sure know how to get there)  <big grin>   It is a shame that we are being so ripped off when it comes to gas, because like you said, it's driving everything else up.
~Meg
PS:  I lol'd at what Jimmy commented.
PSS:    your journal as gotten very wide.   probably something in your last two entries.    you might check and see if there's anything odd in your codes.