Monday, November 6, 2006

Elections: Silence is Golden, Duct Tape is Silver

For all you people who have elections in your states tomorrow, I'm sure you feel relieved it will be over. Not because the election is over, but because the whining and back-stabbing commercials on TV and radio will be finished, as well as the constant surge of mail.

OK, let's talk about all this for a minute.  Or two.

Mail: I don't read it guys... it goes right into the garbage can that sits next to the mailbox. It's is environmentally unfriendly and isn't that a big concern of everyone's? Well, except for yours, that is. Next time we have elections, I'm taking names, guys. Save a tree or a thousand.

Radio and TV: I'm sick of it! As a teacher, I try to teach the kids to not call each other names and to be nice.  They don't have to like each other, but you DO have to get along!  What perfect examples you politicians are.  NOT!  I'm sick of the whining about each other.  I would have sent you to ISS already! BTW, would you like cheese with that whine? (and not the good stuff either! Let's go for the cheap, processed cheese with no nutritional value!) 

Solution: Let AOL or Yahoo sponsor a chat room for these people. If we, the American public, want to see them duke it out in a chat room, that's cool. If any of you have ever ventured inside a chat room, you know within no time there are usually two or more people who have it out for each other.  I think it would be great!  They can put it on one station on tv if for those people who do not have computers (if any still exist). 

I'll just pull up a lawn chair, pop the top on my favorite beverage and watch the fun begin! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The elections have spiraled downwardly at an alarming rate. I do think, however, that politics mirrors the population so well. Look at what we consider entertaining, and there's no doubt as to why the government is chock full of low-life's

It's like a visit to the dentist. Has to be done, but we don't have to like it.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I like the Roman Coliseum chat room idea! Polticians fight, voters as spectators. The only problem with a chat room, is you can't add lions to the show. Then we would really find out who "wants" the job. <grin>
Patrick

Anonymous said...

I agree with you.  I hate the backstabbing and name-calling.  What type of an example are they setting for our children? Not a good one! Everytime these commercials came on the radio / tv, it would be immediately shut off. If I could vote, which I can't because I'm not a citizen, I would not want to vote for those that have something nasty to say about someone else! :-)) Caroline
http://journals.aol.com/caromarls/ANewAdventure