Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Crash and Burn

I think I've mentioned before how much November 1st is a complete waste of time for schools to be open. It should be declared a legal holiday. This year was no different than any other school year.  The kids get off the bus like this:

 

By the end of the day, they are getting on the bus like this:

 

 

I gotta tell you this little story, though.... Yesterday, one of the kids brought Trick or Treat bags for all the kids.  He wanted me to give them out for him, so as I called each one to get on the bus they got their treat bags.  As usual, I was being kinda silly with them and saying things like, 'Trick or Treat, Smell my Feet!!'.... All the kids would just gross out with their yucks and laughter.... except for one kid.  I'm saying, "Trick or Treat, smeel my feet!' His reply?  'Smell your own feet!!!' 

It took all of us adults a few mintues to stop laughing!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your class stories are precious. I never thought how tough the day after Trick or Treat must be for teachers. ... This journal is becoming a total audio video experience. I'm expecting 3D or holograms to leap out one day. <grin>
Patrick

Anonymous said...

LOL  smell your OWN FEET, yayyy!

Gotta love it


Jimmy

PS Thanks for your kind words the other day.