Saturday, November 18, 2006

As we approach the week of Thanksgiving plans are being made for the upcoming festivities. Actually, this is my favorite holiday. As you know, for Christmas most people are fulfilling the whole Santa, in-laws or family obligations, checking the gift list twice to make sure everyone is covered for a gift.  Most of the time, more people are around for the relaxed Thanksgiving holiday.

When asked what to be thankful for, people will say their family, their source of incomes, good friends - both on and off line, etc.  Ok, me too...   You know, we have it pretty good most of the time. Even during the bad times, it could be worse, you know? 

This past week, I read a fellow-journaler's personal experience with 9/11.  I'm thankful he survived the horrific experience for many reasons.  He has 3 good ones.  Here's a site he shared about a girl who lost her life on Flight 93:   The Nicole Miller Memorial Site.   If you ever think you are becoming passive about 9/11, just browse through here. For those of us who are further away and less affected by all the destruction it makes it a lot more personal.  Personally, I cried and could not stop for long time.

I hope your Thanksgiving holiday is a happy memory-maker!  Be safe on your travels this week. 

Jackie

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said, Jackie, it is sometimes challenging to "SEE" what we each have to be grateful for. ... except or course, turkeys. <grin>
Patrick

Anonymous said...

My plans this year include staying at the old folks home, enjoyuing whatever treats they are prparing.  I was invited to share with niece and family, five, count 'em'five, generations. But passed.  Said, let's get together the day after at some restaurant I can scooter to. I am Thankful for that.  Family Yay, peace and quiet YAYER.

Anonymous said...

,,hope you don't mind my dropping in and reading your  journal, I enjoyed it so much.  We are all of a kind, sharing, and enjoying each other.  Scooters are wonderful!  My husband has an chair rather than the scooter but he is quite good with it! lol  Enjoy your Thanksgiving and bon appetite! lol

Anonymous said...

.............whoops, mixed the scooter with one of the comments.....oh well, that was a SENIOR moment!