Monday, July 31, 2006

It's a wedding!!

Entry for July 31, 2006 magnify
Long ago, lets say, 53 years ago today two twenty-one year olds left their parent's homes in the early evening and went to a local minister's home.  They stood there and promised to stick it out, through thick and thin, sickness and health.  Even through all the arguments people encounter when they live with each other.  And now, 53 years later, they are still together.  It's not small feat.  Many folks these days can't get to the third year of marriage much less the other fifty.  I am sure glad this couple did because I was born seven years after they said their vows. Yes, these are my parents!!  Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW 53 YEARS, HOW NICE IS THAT TO HEAR.  I AM HAPPY FOR THEM AND WISH THEM MORE YEARS TOGETHER.

Anonymous said...

Been married 45 years myself and have utmost respect for those choosing to stick it out.    The key word here is CHOOSING.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to them!  I'm going to go drink a toast.  And I'm glad you are so proud of them -- I like hearing that.

Abe