Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"DON'T CALL ME A YOU!"

Yep, that's the wonderful world of autism. If you have ever dealt with it, many times you are left wondering, "WTF?" And then, slowly, there is an awakening inside your brain. It clicks and you are left looking like you coulda had a V8. THAT'S what it means!!

For many, many months, I have been trying to figure out what "DON'T CALL ME A YOU!" and "YOU!! YOU'RE A YOU CALLER!!!" means exactly. Actually, it's rather difficult to think when someone taller and larger than you is going 90 to nothing and screaming the above phrases at the top of their lungs.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I did the V8 thingy and figured it out. It is so simple!

One day, I was in my classroom and a couple of the aides were supervising clean-up outside my door. I heard one of them say, "You need to clean the windows." "DON'T CALL ME A YOU, YOU YOU CALLER!" was the reply. Duh.

So, if you ever hear someone calling you a 'YOU CALLER' you will know what it means!

2 comments:

cw2smom said...

That's really some good advice! Any time we point the finger and say YOU! someone is going to get ruffled feathers...usually the one we're pointing at! I will remember this for a long time! Bless YOU! Lisa

Unknown said...

Thouse pronoun reversals are always leaving me wondering who is talking about what. However, I would have thought that deep in the heart of the South that "y'all" may have simplified life. :)

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick
http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/