Monday, November 10, 2008

Veteran's Day



Today, as every year, the ROTC department had a Veteran's Day program to honor those people who have served in the military. One of my kids has been attending ROTC class. He is a young man with a disability, one who treasures the history of the United States. He can name every president and most vice-presidents. He can correctly label a map of the U.S. as well as their capitals. He is truly amazing to me!! I have never been prouder than I was today as he stood before hundreds of students, faculty and guests and read to us what he had written about his feelings for our country, our military and those teachers in the ROTC department!! I wish all of you could have heard him! He spoke clearly and with confidence. Afterwards, I stood as I clapped (and teared up) and was as proud as anyone could ever be!

For all you veterans, Thank You!

2 comments:

Jimmy's Journal said...

It's nice to hear stories about kids who do well despite their handicaps. I'm sure your proud and rightly so.

Jimmy

Unknown said...

THANK YOU! and your student! What a great way to start Veteran's Day!

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick
http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/

http://patrickleer.blogspot.com/