Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Little Voo Doo to Do...


This has been a real funky year. Again. Perhaps, I should just say, this has been a deadly year considering what has happened.


As you probably have noticed, I've come to a snail's pace about blogging and dang it, it's just because everything I've had to say since June has not been the best in the world. I just hate to get on here and bitch about stuff. But, I've decided to come clean with you people.


It started in March with the death of the mother of a friend. April, the father of a friend. In June, a good friend passed. Less than two weeks later, a good friend's grandson was born and died two days later. We had a lot of changes in our program at school and in a way, there was a death of the 'old way things were...' (if you know what I mean and know it takes time to get used to new ways/people). The end of August, the husband of one of our aides literally dropped dead on government property (not due to anything government wise, but just seems to complicate the issue). In October, another good friend's mom passed away unexpectedly. Less than two weeks later (less than 2 weeks ago), the principal of our school died . And then, this past Friday night, one of the kids in my class died unexpectedly. Yesterday was the visitation/memorial service. I'm still in shock about that one. We had not known him very long, but long enough it had an impact on all of us.


The reason I am writing about all this today is because I need for death to take a break. Perhaps, this is rather like a blogging 'voo doo' doll some people use to make someone evil go away. I need the death monger to go away!! The promise I will make for this to *poof* is to write more often about happier things.
BTW, December 5th is the day my dad is getting married. I hope they are happy!
*To purchase voo doo doll above: http://www.voodooshop.com/products/dolls/A14.html

3 comments:

cw2smom said...

Oh how I can relate to this entry! Loss and death seem to be a recurring theme in my life! It's horrible what you've been through! I soooo understand what you are experiencing! How awful to lose a child..one of your students! I am so very sorry! Wishing you a definite break from all those horrific life experiences! Blessings, Lisa

Unknown said...

Wow Jackie! I've heard of bad things happening in threes but never nines!!! You have been living on the edge! I sure hope this blogging hex works for you.

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick
http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/

Margaret said...

Hey Girl! I'm slowly finding everyone since the move from aol...and bygosh, I'm glad I found you today. (((((Jackie))))) I'm sorry to hear all this, and I agree, death needs to get back!