Sunday, April 6, 2008

Catching Up

I thought I'd take a minute to catch you guys up on what's going on in the world of one Bama Woman. Last Monday, I celebrated my birthday by going to the local bowling alley for Special Olympic Bowling. It was like a real party! I will say, this birthday was much more fun than last years. I'm on a new year, a new outlook (that might last more than five minutes....) and just happy to be here.

This is the time of the year where I crack my knuckles around mid-night and head to bed. It's the yearly IEP time. This year has been easier than most because the guy that I co-teach with is helping to write them. He doesn't read my journal, but I'll give him a big shout-out "THANK YOU!" and a smile. He might enjoy the smile. Sometimes they are few and far between.

This morning while making breakfast of turkey bacon and sweet potato pancakes, I was looking out the window and this was standing at the back of the fence:

This is a picture I found online, but the real coyote looked just like this one. Plus, the real one looked over his shoulder too. Just a little 'living in the country delite'.... real life surprises, I guess. 

Down at the local gas pump, the price jumped from$3.09 to $3.19 in just a matter of an hour or two. Figures. And to update you on the price in Saudi, premium is remaining at a constant 46 cents while regular is priced below that. Yes, i know shipping plays on the price. Yes, I know taxes make a difference. But still..... 

Spring is playing peek-a-boo with us here. One day 77 with pollen tickling your nose, the next, rain and 55. I don't mind the rain. It washes the yellow-green off of Rusty.

Have a good week. Make the best of it. Hug the ones you love and make sure you tell them you love them. How will they know if you don't tell them?

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - two things - Belated Happy Birthday ! I didn't know the 31st ws your B-Day, but I've made a note of it. The second thing is I didn't know they had coyotes in Alabama. Are you sure it wasn't a German Shepard <grin> ?

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Glad that you had a nice one bowling. There are a lot of Coyoto's to the east of us that do a lot of killing of peoples new calves and do some peoples small outside dogs. My cousin has lost several of each to them. Glad that your co-worker has been helping you out, I'm sure that was a big help. Helen

Anonymous said...

Happppy Birthdayyyyy to yewwwwww!
I bet the Special Olympic Bowling was just fun!   That's a special group of kids.
It's great you have a helping co-teacher this year, isn't it?   Now you can go to bed at 11:45 instead of midnight  lol
A coyote!  wow...I would have loved to snap a pic of that in my yard....where is your camera when you need it??!!   lol
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Help with IEP's IS a birthday present in itself! How weird about your coyote, almost a day after you posted a comment to http://lairofcachalot.blogspot.com/2008/04/commuting-with-coyotes.html     ... Obviously they not only commute but read journals!

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick
http://journals.aol.com/daddyleer/CaregivinglyYours/

http://lairofcachalot.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

OOOH Coyotes in the yard.  I think the coyotes got my cats... years ago.  And there was the day we say "Big Kitty" cross the yard.... Big Kitty was a California Mountain Lion.  Wow. That's rural.