Saturday, January 19, 2008

Life's Mysteries

First, it was the green beans.... then, about a week later, the crackers and just last weekend, it was bananas.

For Christmas dinner, one of the foods I had planned on serving was green beans. I looked all over for them. Couldn't find them anywhere! I decided to just skip the green beans....

Then, the missing crackers. I knew I had them because I had eaten some of them, but I couldn't find the box anywhere....

Last week, I spent some time at my Dad's house. He and I went out to eat and then, over to Sam's. I bought bananas and when I came home, I split them with him. The day after I got home, I couldn't find them.....

I have to tell you, I was beginning to worry about myself... I just couldn't imagine how so much food could just disappear without being eaten!

I found the bananas first. I had put them in a bag of photo albums I brought home with me from Daddy's house. What a relief! Then, I found the crackers. The box was turned the wrong way and I didn't even notice among all the other boxed foods.

I've not yet found the green beans...... I have convinced myself I never bought them!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One good thing about old timer's disease is you meet new friends every day and you can hide your own Easter eggs. I leave messages (clues) strewn about the house to remind me of what the daily plan is.

Cheer up, it gets worse. I remember one time I was.....what was I saying?

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Yeah well, don't worry about yourself.    In my house, that's normal behavior.   lol
~Meg

Anonymous said...

"This is a very serious matter and everyone is this reuoom is under the suspicions." Inspector Clouseau. Perhaps "You have ra-ceived a bimp, One could get a concusion from such a bimp." <grin>
Patrick

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...is it your failing memory, or a poltergeist?  I wonder....

Anonymous said...

Whan anyone at the old folks home loses something, I say, "Look under the bed." Nine times out of ten, I am right. Of course, green beans wouldn;t be under the bed... or would they.

Anonymous said...

Whoo! For a moment there I thought I was the only one who lost "stuff" here and there.....(Hugs) Indigo