Saturday, May 5, 2007

And two weeks later...

Here are a few pictures of the 'garden' a couple weeks later.  The flowers with the blooms are not from my planting, but actually grown in the green house at school. The kids were involved with a horticulture class this year and these were some of the results. The larger plant was planted and grown by them also. It is a mosquito plant and smells like citronella.... and it is STRONG!! I thought I was going to gag all the way home!

Hope you guys are having a good weekend!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like! I want to give gardening a new shot this year since I missed the entire season last year.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I just love this time of the year, and your place is going to look great!   Sorry about the stinky plant, lol.  I've never heard of that one.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Your little garden area looks nice, Jackie!  I don't know a thing about gardening, so I just have to go by what I see.  I love all the green, that's for sure!

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

I'll have to look up the mosquito plant sounds like something that would be perfect on the porches to keep them away. The garden looks like it's coming along wonderfully! Can't wait till next weekend to put some finishing touches on my own. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I had to look closer at the "mosquito" plant. Far away it looks like a plant we find growing occasionally in the wild. It also stinks and starts with the letter "M".

Good luck with your garden. The real small plants may be portulaca, which grows well and has beautiful flowers.

Jimmy
http://journals.aol.com/jimsulliv3/jimmys-journal/