Saturday, January 21, 2006

Classic Movies

Prior to the idea of Harry Potter or when J.B. Fletcher was teaching English in high school instead of solving 'who done it's, Walt Disney combined elements of both to make a classic children's movie.  A movie that brings back bittersweet memories for me:  Bedknobs and Broomsticks.  This movie just happened to come on this morning.

Angela Lansbury plays a woman taking a correspondence class in the art of witchcraft during WWII.  She takes in three orphans for a brief time and the story begins. 

I became familiar with the story years ago when I would accompany my son to Children's Hospital in Birmingham.  The hospital had a channel of their own and would show the classic Disney movies.  All of this was before VCR's, DVD's, gameboys and x-boxes were commonplace. 

If you're not familiar with it, or you've not watched it in a while, give it a try.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie, I didn't know about your son... how old was he? I am sorry for the loss you experienced. I hope my entry didn't offend those who have lost like you have. thank you for leaving a comment in my journal entry today, Remembering Grief.

Anonymous said...

That movie was a favorite of my younger sister's. I'm sure she'd love to see it again, so it's off to Amazon to hunt it down.

Thanks for the refresher!

Jimmy