Monday, March 9, 2009

The Story of the Fly Swatter


There is a girl in my class that causes problems often. Very often. In about nine weeks, give or take, she will graduate (yes, there is a God!). She is mad at me. No biggy. (Sometimes, I think they see who draws the short straw before they come to school on that one. )
However she is mad because I stopped her from going to chorus. Not because I didn't want her to go, but because she faked a fainting spell. (It's not like everyone in the world loves our kids! Then, to have them pull a trick like that??!!!??). After an adequate time of punishment, I got her back in the class only to have her begin to 'phone stalk' the teacher. (Ooopppsss... that a biggy!) She is out! Her high school musical career is over! Only to have really 'phone stalk' the teacher again! Ugly text messages, photos (stop and think for minute here..... do you remember what kind of class I teach?). The teacher had to get a new cell number. A few weeks ago, the girl asked to go to the restroom and came up missing. I found her upstairs in the gym. She was on her way to see the chorus teacher. (This is where you insert a picture of Jackie blowing her top!)
OK, so after what I consider enough punishment, I was going to let her have a 'life' (this just means she can be with other people in the classroom...), I was going to give her a little freedom, starting today. Then, this morning, I am summoned by another student about what this girl brought to school with her. Are you ready? A fly swatter. WTF?
Me: Why did you bring a fly swatter to school?
Her: Because I want to smack you with it!
For sale: One very used fly swatter that's good for smacking.
Newsflash: One very, pissed of girl that has little or no freedom!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my. When I first saw the fly swatter I almost thought you were going to say you wish you could bring one to school to hit some of them with it ;-0. Phone stalk the teacher? YIKES.
2 points for her honestly(Mary is ducking now).

Unknown said...

Hey I am just glad to remember that you do not live in Southern Alabama.

What is it with fly swatters? A certain 16 year old autistic teen I know is fascinated with mine. I can never find it when I want to use it. :)

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick
http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/

Jimmy's Journal said...

In my day that child would have gotten a paddling. Spare the rod? Not me!

Jimmy