Monday, October 8, 2007

Finally!! A Get-Away!

Finally, time away from the real world! It's fall break for me, so, Cousin and I came up to Indiana to see her daughter and family as well as her sister (cousin sister). I had wanted to come up during summer vacation, but this has not been a good year for fun stuff. (See most of 2007 entries, or at least, it seems as it's been the year from hell...)

It's fun to see cousin's grandkids in their normal routine. Most of the time I see them, they are on vacation down in TN. They are getting to an age where we can have real conversations.

Talk soon, must go be 2nd cousin or whatever the heck it is I am!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are having some fun stuff. No fall break where my daughter teaches in GA. Helen

Anonymous said...

Good for you...you deserve a break today (hmm..maybe I'll market that idea). I got over the AOL blues and things are working their way back to "normal". Have a safe and fun trip. Beso !

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

"Fall Break" is that some new politically correct way to avoid saying Columbus Day Holiday? <grin> Whatever, you ENJOY the time in the land of hoosiers!
Patrick

Anonymous said...

I have been away from your journal too long.  Compuer jinx. When it went to repair shop, my tool bar got erased.  Had to find you all over again.
If you share a grandparent with someone, you are firsr cousins. With their children, you are first cousins once removed. Onc generation difference equals one "removal". From your cousins' grand-kids, you are first cousins twice removed.
Glad to clear that up for you.
Oh, if you share a great-grandparent with someone you are "second cousins". If your second cousins have grand children, they are your second cousins twice removed. (You do not need to send christmas cards to seoncd cousins twice removed.)